From:
Barb Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:50:31 -0400
Hello Kevin,
I have included three urls that list recipes for alternative mite treatments
which I hope that you would see fit to include in your cookbook.  I have
just begun experimenting with the wintergreen/salt patty and the paper towel
soaked with wintergreen/canola for varroa so can't recommend them myself.
http://rnoel.virtualave.net/2000/part2.htm  ( grease patty recipe for
combating varroa mites)
http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/varroa/treatmix.htm  (menthol & canola recipe
for paper towels - trachael mite)
http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/varroa/varroa2.htm (lists recipe for
honey/wintergreen/water feeding solution)

Barb Miller
Keeping bees in N. Central PA