From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 06:55:17 +1000
> Relax Trevor as you have dodged a bullet. Cerana will not be a problem for
> your industry. Possibly for exports when cerana is found in the close
> proximity of the package export areas but will take years (if not decades
> happen).

Have to disagree.  I think if cerana was allowed to establish here in
Australia we will have big problems.  Look at the Solomons as I described
earlier.  The export side is one that will cease if cerana is declared
endemic.  As has rightly pointed out where the cerana are and where the
packages come from are separated by almost 2,000 kilometres.  However, when
it suits the political agenda, distances shrink.

The other point is that if allowed to establish, then there is that great
reservoir for varroa if it finally makes it ashore.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA