From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2011 12:45:10 -0400
> If the pollen is not in the comb prior to extraction how is it incorporated
> during uncapping and extracting.  It implies some form of contamination.

I think what Allen meant, was not whether pollen was in the comb, but was
pollen in the honey.  That is, when a comb goes through the uncapper,
pollen cells are going to be cut and put pollen in the honey.  But the
question was, how much pollen is in the honey stored in a cell of just
honey.  Or put another way, how efficient is the proventriculus of the bee
in removing pollen from the honey.

It is a rather academic question, since you could not commercially extract
honey like that, but I imagine that the answer might be that there is that
there is not much pollen in a honey cell.

Stan