From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 2015 10:53:20 -0600
my comments..
the use of the words easy and force in the same sentence at least here would be a problem.  add 'this is how it is done in California' and you might have riot form pretty quickly.

100% agreed!   I was sitting here thinking of the consequences,  If I had to fill out paperwork every time I treated bees??  Well I seriously think I would quit beekeeing.  In fact The wife and I were actually looking at a place in CA,  I had not known I would have to file for permission to treat my bees.  YIKES...  My wife was against it from the start....  now I am thinking on my concept.  I am quite positive the hobbiest treatment rate would drop.

It seems to me that the bigger problem could be better addressed by the simple rules of who can buy what.  Much like prescriptions.  Right now anyone can go to most farm supply stores and buy a lot of things that get totally misused.  Such as Sevin for everything.....  It appears to me that many of the large "beekills"  are from lawn and garden treatment as opposed to it all being AG misuse.   Most states I believe have pesticide applicators license systems in place.   Seems like a good base to expand on.   The whole concept of neonics seed coatings was based on the idea of controlled amounts on the seeds.  It appears that we allowed things to get carried away when we allowed foaliar sprays on top of it.  It does seem that some common sense has left the building when we are spraying  entire landscapes with insecticides.

Charles