Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2018 08:41:46 -0400
Ditto on cold April and late spring then everything all at once. Both hives
came through the winter. Split one- walkaway, and spit the other in three
but introduced Minnesota Hygienic queens in the queenless splits.All five
are fine, queens laying in each but am feeding two for comb buildup.Very
dry from late May thorough today. My expectations are for a dry summer and
fall, so feeding may be needed to get them all ready for winter.

Also, a minor point- I am getting both hips replaced so will be OOC from
July 25th (first operation) through September (after second operation), the
key period of the year for winter prep. So I started now and will have two
deeps with two supers on by July 25th, which I expect they will fill. That
keeps me out of heavy lifting through March of next year when I should be
fully recovered. Also should be fine for the bees since they will have
plenty of stores for the winter.

My five mentees want to help me out so should be fine. And, yes, the hives
will get their OAV treatments on schedule.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine