From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:00:51 -0700
For BEE-L readers:

I have been in contact with Hans-Otto Johnsen and asked him
for a comment.He is not connected to the Internet and gives
a short comment:

In the last issue of Apis Newsletter Stine Helland from
Norway presented a very serious and surprising accusation
concerning my article in Bee Culture Sep 2005 and The
Beekeepers Quarterly spring issue 2005. This letter has
also, I've been informed, been presented on this discussion
list. With the following comment I want to give the
participants of this list some additional information on
the subject. I have only given figures from my own hives. I
am in my full right to do that. Also I had an agreement
with the general secretacry Trond Gjessing when writing
this article. He and Stine Helland saw the article before
publication. I'm a test beekeeper in the test of The
Norwegian Beekeepers Association (NBA) and the
agreement said I should not mention NBA in connection with
the figures from my hives.

My article is about my surviving as an truly organic
beekeeper. In the concept for me surviving with my 600
colonies, small cell size is a vital part and the figures
are mentioned to give the background for why small cell
size is important in my concept. The mentioned figures are
results from hives which I've got with the design
described. I understand why you all now wonder why Trond
Gjessing, which it is,  now act like he does. I do
to. The results from my hives 2005 are even more telling.
Let NBA present their test and let's compare the results
and designs of the tests.

All tests and results are interesting. Nothing should be
hidden.

Keep on keeping
Hans-Otto Johnsen

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs