From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2018 08:52:39 -0700

> >Come on, I have posted about 100 references to this fact

Pete, a number of your references are someone interpreting someone else's
study, some of which were written in languages other than English.

> > Although queens have a 3–4 year adult lifespan, diminished longevity of
> queens (<1 year) is commonly and increasingly observed. As such, commercial
> beekeepers typically replace their queens every 1–2 years. (Tarpy, 2017)

The lifespan of a queen is not due to chronology, it is apparently due to
sperm depletion.  Longevity would then be a function of the total number of
worker eggs laid.  The purported diminished longevity of queens may simply
be due to us stimulating the colonies such that the queens lay more eggs.

On the other hand, some beekeepers report high turnover of introduced
queens during the first few months after introduction.  This is an entirely
different subject.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA