From:
Donald Aitken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 09:02:24 -0600
On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Eric Abell wrote:

> I have a few drums of syrup which was not consumed by the bees.  It has now
> fermented.

Hi Eric!

I have used some fermented syrup in the past without apparent harm. It was
heated to drive off the alcohol and kill the yeast. I fed it in the spring
and the bees took it willingly.

Dilution with a large proportion of new syrup is probably a good idea, but
I would still heat it first to sterilize it. You don't want to inoculate
your entire feed supply with high sugar tolerant yeasts!

Donald Aitken
11710-129 Street
Edmonton Alberta Canada
T5M 0Y7