From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 03:09:39 EDT

In a message dated 16/07/06 18:05:41 Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<Since the old hive doesn't have a queen bee is destined to die.  What
can I do to save it? *Is* there anything I can do? I thought  that
maybe if I find a queen cell in another hive I can put it in this.  But
a friend of mine said that the bees are going to kill her as soon  as
she gets out of the cell because she is not 'theirs'! Is this  sensible
to assume? Another solution I thought, is to 'reunite' the two  hives
back in to one. Is this the best I can do?!

Are there any  other solutions?!

TIA
P.>>

If you give them a sealed queen cell, they won't  destroy that if they're
really queenless. Alternatively, give them a frame with  eggs, and let them raise
their own. If they don't raise cells, then that's a  sign that there is a
queen present.

    Regards,

    Robert Brenchley