From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:08:46 +0100
Randy:

> The fact that there were bees in Britain that allowed wax moth to exist on
> the combs is amazing to me--hasn't wax moth been present in Britain for a
> great long time?

Yes it has.  We have both greater and lesser, although in my area the
greater predominates.  In the summer any unattended brood comb will be
completely ruined in a week or two.
We have very little problem with supers unless they have some stored pollen
in them, probably because we do not use them for the brood nest.
Best wishes

Peter Edwards
beekeepers at stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk
www.stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk/