Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:35:55 -0600
 > I bought the best mite resistant bees on the market. That hive
 > was the first in the yard to go over the limit, and it was
 > started from a package.

I had a similar experience, but with splits made using the
best resistant cells I could get.  I lost 75 out of 75 hives
that fall and early winter.  The varroa did not measure high enough to
kill the whole yard on their own, but it was high enough to vector
something (a virus?) through all the hives and clean them out.

BTW, we're not hearing much bragging from the no treatment guys lately.
  How's that working out?

Three years is the generally acknowledged limit before serious SHTF.
Some should be about due now, methinks.