From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:39:34 -0400
<Trying to discover exactly when the Vermont
Beekeepers Association was started>

Mike,

I don't know if you have any leads concerning the
founding date of the Vermont Beekeepers Association.
But I will provide you with what I have found.
Perhaps the 'Vermont Bee Keepers Association records
book' located in the google books link below may be obtained
in a good agricultural library.

I have discovered that when searching 19c text, one
must remember to spell  'bee-keepers'  the right way.  ;)

I can place the existence of the Vermont Beekeepers
Association as far back as 1872
Vermont public documents: -1872, Volume 3 - Page 19
O. C. Wait, Secretary of the Vermont Bee- Keepers' Association

This link may help:

http://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=%22vermont+bee-keepers%22&tbs=,cdr:1,cd_min:Jan%201_2%201850,cd_max:Dec%2031_2%201880&num=10

Vermont Bee Keepers Association records
Vermont Bee Keepers Association, Addison County Bee Keepers
Association, Champlain Valley Bee Keepers Association
- 1875
Two volumes of records of the Addison County Bee Keepers Association, 1875-1879,
the Champlain Valley Bee Keepers Association, 1879-1886,
and the Vermont Bee Keepers Association, 1886-1944,
including minutes of meetings, and financial and membership reports.
Volume one is 1875-1910; volume two is 1917-1944.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles/

A Vermont man has discovered that