From:
darrells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:17:47 -0400
C Crowell said "I label my honey as to the season and the year, saying only
"wildflowers" as the floral source.  For example, Spring '2000 Honey from
Wildflowers".
 I use a similar method of labelling: 2000 Summer Blossom Honey, 2000 Late
Summer Blossom Honey, 2000 Autumn Blossom Honey.  I leave an information
sheet on my 'serve yourself' honey table, listing the major floral sources
in the honies for sale. For example; sweet clover in my summer honey and
goldenrod and asters in the fall honey.  I find that most people return to
ask for summer blossom honey because they enjoyed the jar they bought
earlier this season or last year.  Customers will often ask which is better?
I usually describe the difference in the honies, but say it is a matter of
taste.  The usual response is the purchase of a jar of each.  I use similar
labels on my cut comb honey.

Bob Darrell
RR#2 Caledon
Ontario Canada