From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:27:45 -0500
Greetings all,
     Wow, thanks for all the ideas.  I was overwhelmed by the response.
Most of the ideas we already do, but I did glean a couple of ideas from
other clubs too.  I did want to pass one thing our club does along to the
group.  We work in conjunction with our local Community College, and they
offer a night adult education class entitled "Beginning Beekeeping"  The
class is taught by volunteers from the club, and is held 4 Tuesday evenings
from 7-9 PM.  The great thing is, the money that is paid to the instructor
($80.00 +$9.00/book) goes directly to the club.  We do this 2 times a year,
fall and spring.  We have gained many new club members through this.  The
club then offers an advanced course on Saturday in May.  Cost per person for
that is $20.00.  We always have a great turn out for that as well.  Hope
another club may be able to use this same thing to help bring in a little
extra cash.  Good luck, and thanks.
Scott Moser