Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 12:10:24 -0400
> “Going back to the dose…400ppb to 20ppb.  …can you weigh 20ppb on a
> regular scale?  So why they still criticize that the dose is high? [….],
> let’s do 400.  Ok, 400 ppb […] still, 400ppb is a tiny bit, right?

Again, the problem with distributing the dose is that the bee that feeds
from the feeder gets the full dose and not 1/80,000 of the dose. So you
cannot distribute the dose. Every bee that feeds has been overdosed  (if
400ppb then by a factor of 200x natural) so they will die. Keep at it and
you gradually overdose every bee and deplete the numbers that are feeding.
It is easy to kill a colony that way.

I love his comment that since you cannot measure out such small doses then
there is no reason to criticize. Amazing comment.

Just remember that the dose amount is only one of the many problems with
this study.

For me, the key element of all this is that the researchers refuse to
answer legitimate questions. Even Bayer listens and answers. And the
researchers are supposedly on the beekeeper's side but act as if we are the
enemy.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine