From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:41:48 -0800

> > Properly applied
> there should be no brood removal *but* I prefer to see some slight brood
> damage because private research has shown when the dose is correct for
> maximum varroa control with thymol & formic some brood damage takes place.

Ditto here Bob.

> >I only use oxalic when the bees are broodless so I see no reduction in the

amount of sealed brood. I see only normal queen loss over the winter. I see
> the above about queen loss a hypothesis which can not be proved or
> disproved.

Ditto.

> >Beekeepers searching for the primary source of pesticides contaminating
>> bee hives need only to look in a mirror.
>
> >I really tire of hearing the above! Just because these researchers can not
> come up with a exact cause for CCD ( and instead a long list of hypothesis)
> and a method for solving the problem they always point the finger at comb
> on
> which they find coumaphos & fluvalinate. I assure you they will not find
> these two chemicals in my comb nor many of my friends!

Also none in my combs, but there is very clear research supporting that
miticide residues cause brood mortality, slow development, depressed immune
response, and other sublethal effects.

>The effort to remove apistan & checkmite from the market ( beekeepers not
> researchers) has failed mainly because research done by Bayer and ZOE con
> say their products do not build in wax to a high enough level to kill or
> harm bees!

Bob, you were doing really well before drifting back into the Twilight Zone
 : )

Randy