From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2018 08:33:06 -0500
We propose that the often used commercial queen-rearing practice results in queens of lower quality. As a proximal remedy, rearing queens from eggs or very young larvae may yield a better outcome for queen performance and colony function.

Interesting,  but with such a easily proven or disproven theory,  I seriously question why anyone in research would make this claim other than more funding.   The books are replete with methods for using eggs,  and several system such as Jenter are designed just for this.

Testing this claim is a highly simple project,  the problem lies in the same point we have now,  how the heck do we know the difference in good and bad and best?

A 1 day expieriment would solve the question if you wanted to apply Dr. Tarpys testing.

Charles