Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:00:43 +0000

Before this new IBRA paper hit my desk, I would have said that without a
large thermal mass  or an actual temperature control to slow the temperature
rise, the electric coil would quickly heat up to well above 400 F, and you
would not be sublimating much Oxalic at all.  From what little I've seen
others do, and what I've done myself, this does not take long.  But the
Ratnieks paper specifically mentioned that they did not even let the
vaporizer cool off between hives, and look at the results they got.

This the techinque I have been useing.  it works fine,   I would hypothizie that it works for the same resaon you can't burn water.   If you watch(I have)  there isa boiling action at the contact point,  much like butter on a hot skillet.   it would seem that most of the sublimation happens here.   It does seem later in the process there will be a central mass left and the boiling action slows considerably at the contact point.  at that time the OA that is left may in fact be over temp.
Charles