From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 12:10:36 -0500
<So what's the problem again?>
> I'm sure that was probably rhetorical, but I think the problem is replicating it in different environments.

Well, he didn't understand the question. He stated losses totaling almost 30%, but points out these can be overcome by dividing. Nothing new in that, that's called beekeeping. The issue is culling (planned losses), and its effect on unplanned losses.

If your number is higher the second year than the first, it doesn't mean you experienced no losses. It means the increase was greater than the loss, that's all. If I lose half in winter, then double in summer, the net loss/gain is zero. That's not what I am trying to discuss.

PLB