From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 01:31:44 -0400
The editor of the "Speedy Bee" has confirmed that the
report made on the "Bio-Bee" mailing list was an accurate
summary of the facts, and the story cited WAS published
in the "Speedy Bee" as claimed.

  Sadly, he interpreted my use of the phrase "if true" as
  questioning of the accuracy of his publication.

  I should make it clear that I was only questioning the
  accuracy of the specific statement made on the "Bio-Bee"
  mailing list.

  The lack of even a single word about this elsewhere made
  me wonder if it really was in the "Speedy Bee".  (That's
  why I asked if anyone still had a subscription to the
  "Speedy Bee". My subscription seems to have lapsed.)

So, back to the actual issue - the EU's ban on US honey...

Q: How many different foods does the US export to Europe?

A: Small to serious amounts of nearly everything we grow
   or raise. (They appear to not want any of the genetically
   modified stuff, which is their prerogative.)

Q: And how many food items from the USA are BANNED due
   to a failure of the FDA to comply with the EU's residue
   monitoring requirements?