From:
Laura Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 15:50:07 -0400
How many treatments of Apistan can be made successively (using NEW strips
EACH time)?

Here in Maryland, our State Inspector, has told us to put strips in right
after the honey flow, in July, which I did.  I am getting ready to remove
these strips and wonder when I can put in the next set of strips.  Do I
put them in right away, replacing those in 45 days, and continue new
applications until cold weather sets in?

Last year, I placed two NEW sets of strips from Summer into Fall, timing
the usage of the strips to be completed with the onset of cold weather.
I did not put them in immediately after last year's honey flow.  (Both of
my colonies survived through the Winter.)

There will be another honey flow here in the early Fall.  However, this
honey is not to be used for human consumption.  This will become the
winter stores for the bees, so there is no concern about having supers in
place any more this year.

Laura Downey
Anne Arundel Co., Maryland