From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:47:31 -0800
On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Stan Sandler wrote:

> Hi Eric and All:
>
> Do you think open feeding encourages robbing, or keeps the foraging bees
> busy and so discourages it?

 Hi Stan and All,   Very good question. I have seen robbing going on with
open feeding. I belive that the robbing was going on before the open
feeding. I try not to do open feeding , except pollen and supplement
feeding of brewers yeast.Weak hives do not get the full advantage of open
feeding and after you shut it down it could start robing from the weak
hives.
 Best Regards
Roy