From:
Dung Nguyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:16:26 EST

>I have no idea how to go about getting specimens but the native host of
>varroa in south east Asia seems like a possibility.  They have coexisted
>with varroa for a long time.  Is anyone out there doing research with
>them?

Hello,
Some years ago, I did a research on the reproduction of Varroa in A.cerana
and A.mellifera worker and drone cells. The mites do not reproduce in A.
cerana worker cells, but I am not sure that if the mites are harmless for
the bees. If these bees and mites are suitable, please contact me. We will
discuss to get the speciments as now I am not in Vietnam.
Nguyen VanDung
Int.Edu.Office
University of Western Sydney, Hawkesbury
Richmond, NSW, 2753, Australia
Email : [log in to unmask]