From:
25 Hives <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 14:28:19 -0800

Quote:  I suppose that it's theoretically possible that such an area exists somewhere within the continental United States but I can not think of where that might be.
Mike Rossander

There are some regions in South-central Missouri covered by the Mark Twain National Forest.  Organic, more than likely, but not anywhere close to producing a good honey crop.  I imagine there are regions in South and North Dakota, likely Federal Range Land, and the Rocky Mountain regions of the West that would qualify.  Surely the open deserts of West Texas might fit as well.

I've blundered into the conclusion that any region that qualifies as "organic" won't support a bee colony, and thus, there is no such thing as certified organic honey.

My thoughts,

Grant
Jackson, MO