From:
Jerry Fries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 21:07:13 -0900
Chris I dont know of a bird listing but it seems that a Pet store or a
veternarians office should know. They may kow of a club or bird breeder or
something. Believe it or not I sometimes jump on the phone and call area
code + 555-1212 and ask for just about anything. A Zoo might be able to
help direct you to the help you need. As many pet stores as there in the
USA some one has to know something. My wife is a librarian,it is amazing
what you can get from the "reference Librarian"  Good luck , more than once
I have found myself as surrogate mother to baby swallows. Grind puppy food
,mix in a blender with liquid vitamins and water to a thin paste, feed with
a needleless hypodermic every two hours or more often. As soon as you can,
begin to supplement with mashed meal worms.You lose a lot of sleep,suffer a
lot of anxiety, have mixed success and much satisfaction. I never did find
out what kind of bird but I assumed them to be parrokeets. Some one should
know what the best feed is. They will probably be alright  since there are
only three babies. A constant supply of high quality food and water along
with maybe some egg shell bits, and as little stress as possible is most
likely the best you can do . Wacth the daddy bird constantly at even the
tinyest bit of fatigue head for the vet immediatly. The daddy bird is the
kind of father we wish we were, he will work himself to death litrally.
Make sure he gets his rest.       Well Best wishes, If any of us actually
has to raise baby birds we may find out that daddy birds are better men
than we are.

Jerry Fries