From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:50:50 -0600
Hello Randy & All,
Sad to hear but instead of doing what we do and sending only the best
colonies the largest beekeepers many times simply ship all the hives and
sort out in California. Especially dumb when you make splits after almonds
in Texas as the depopulated hives need loaded and trucked again after
sorting in California.

The end result can be enough numbers for pollination but then later in the
season many of those weak combines are non productive. Three poor queens do
not a strong hive make!

As I said in a prior email to you plenty of excellent hives available for
sale. Maybe lease if not sold before almonds.

bob