Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:53:30 GMT+0200
Hi All

Elizabeths thread about spacing gave me an idea. I often get a bit of
drone comb in the supers, but have noticed how bees well never place
two sections of drone comb next to each other in the brood box, but
do in my 9 frame supers.

So does anybody out there who breeds queens use 9 frame spacing in
the brood boxes, say pushing a bit of a gap around the drone frames
inserted near the brood nest centre?? Theoretically this would allow
for more drone brood production as one could get facing frames both
with drone brood??

Keep well

Garth
Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
Eastern Cape Prov.
South Africa

Time = Honey