From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:54:56 -0700
--- On Sun, 7/27/08, Keith Benson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If memory serves someone requested documentation of an
> organic beekeeper losing hives to CCD.

What they are really requesting is documentation of an organic beekeeper losing colonies which succumbed to symptoms normally associated with an unknown honeybee malady OR maladies often referred to as CCD.

Its interesting in this world of beekeeping where diagnosing of bee maladies is inherently difficult and often confused by ambiguity of symptoms.  Some of the most ambiguous symptoms, when assembled together make a positive diagnosis of CCD.

I realize that the genies already out of the bottle,,,
But it just isn’t sitting well with me how sure folks are of their diagnosis, as well how eager many are to accept them.

I would feel at least a little better if those saying "diagnosed as having CCD” would replace it with the phrase; "diagnosed with symptoms normally associated with CCD”.  At least it will allow some margin for error.

Best Wishes,
Joe
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles/