From:
"Joel W. Govostes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 11:33:28 -0500
(2nd try)  regarding hive-body materials:

I'm curious as to why some Canadian suppliers (incl. ARTB up till recently)
furnish boxes made of full 7/8" material, while the US manufacturers only
use 3/4" boards. (?)  Is the Canadian standard for planed 1" board
thickness different from that in USA?

Also, what became of ARTB?  Their equipment I procured from Betterbee was
always excellent in quality and value, and clearly superior to the
commercial grade US stuff.

Last I knew there was at least one Canadian co. offering Jumbo Langstroth
equipment (Chrysler).  The US suppliers abandoned that decades ago.   I
wonder - are  jumbo's more commonly used up there?