Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 1994 17:22:00 +1300
Wooten M, Hornitzky M, Ryland L; 1981.  Thermal destruction of
Streptococcus pluton in Australian honeys and its effect on honey
quality.  Journal of Apicultural Research 20(2):115-120.

This article describes the time:temperature relationships
required to destroy EFB in extracted honey.  It was conducted
using a relatively small number of samples, it seems to me.

I would be interested in any comments on the importance of the
findings, with particular reference to methodology and the
variability of the results obtained.

What other factors besides, say, moisture content and maybe
thixotropicity, might be important to consider as possible
variables in the time:temperature requirements to destroy EFB?

          Nick Wallingford
      Bay of Plenty Polytechnic
 (East coast, N Island, New Zealand)
     Internet [log in to unmask]