From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2018 11:50:41 -0400
PLB
On the other hand of the point that nothing is new is that even though it was always there and sometimes even looked at, new things are discovered by looking at new ways at old things.  The write brothers were not the first to think or try flight.  They were the first to put real rescources behind it till it worked.  I know there are cases of trying stuff with no hope and failing but also wonder how many things have been done just due to the person doing it not knowing it was impossible?
Dick
I read one time when I was young (True, not true?) that the polio epidimic became more prevaliant as sewer systems and cleanliness became more a regular thing.  The thought was put forth that young children were exposed younger and had resistance.  It is put forth that the indians were so davistated due to never being exposed to small pox and chicken pox like europeans were.  So like the bees, some may still get sick but maybe not as sick as if they had not been exposed.  It may not make the desiese go away so much but make it not have the effect that it can have to a populace never exposed.

Nothing makes any of this new but it was not new that farm girls that milked cows that had cow pox did not get small pox.  It was not new but took a while for a lot of those looking to notice.

It seems to me that there is evidence to make a case for all sides of the resistance arguement and so it has not became settled science.  Maybe this is why there are ten remakes of the movie "The last man on earth".  Here would be a good place for a smiley to show I am jokeing.
Cheers
gww