From:
Daniel OCallaghan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:52:30 -0400
> http://agriculture.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/rapportfin.pdf<
Thanks for this. It has some data for corn (maize) as well.
I've edited the subject to reflect more accurately what I'm looking for.
If I'm reading this right, imid expressed in corn pollen is .75ppb and
throughout the plant stem/leaves 3.7ppb. Per Krupke, soil of corn/soy
rotation is 4.9ppb.
Anybody know where this plant data may be available for soybeans?

Where I'm going with this:
My bees are on mostly Ag land in a corn/soybean rotation. So far, I
have never had a bee-kill or other issue I can attribute to
pesticides. I attribute this (my opinion) mostly to the availability
of more attractive forage during corn pollination/soybean bloom.
To build/improve soil, cover crops will be incorporated into the
rotation on the 35 acres immediately surrounding my hives, expanded to
120 acres if successful. This will involve chopping and incorporating
the residue of the preceding corn/soybean crop right after harvest,
and immediately planting cover crop into the soil/residue.  One of the
cover crops being considered is crimson clover, a crop not typically
treated with imid, but a good nectar/pollen producer.  Krupke reported
3.7ppb found in dandelions of unplanted fields (I assume the season
after a treated crop), I'm wondering if it would be higher for a cover
crop since it is planted into 'fresh' residue/soil instead of the
following growing season. I'm trying to figure out if the ppb in plant
residue is greater than the 4.9ppb reported in soils. What I'm trying
to guesstimate is how much risk is there that planting the cover crop
into imid containing soil/residue will result in crimson clover that
secretes imid in pollen and nectar that is typically attractive to
bees.

Dan O'Callaghan
Xenia, OH