From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:09:18 +1100
> I'm still looking for someone to lay out a full explanation...

I suspect you will die looking.  I hesitate too make comments on this matter
considering our different conditions.  However.

Day length is such a common definer of such things across the board, that
one would expect it played at least some part with bees.

Even though we have brood all year (mostly) it does tend to follow a
seasonal pattern.  However it can also be modified by conditions.  Sometimes
brood rearing will shut down because of weather or lack of incoming
nutrients.  On one notable occasion we had bees swarming in July in one of
the coldest parts of Queensland.  Plenty of good pollen and stimulating
nectar.  July of course being in the middle of our winter.

Geoff Manning