Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2010 20:07:12 -0500
Hi Allen and all:

Two Canadian organizations that I know have recruited beekeepers are CUSO  and CESO.
I know a New Brunswick beekeeper who is working in the Solomon Islands for CUSO.
CESO is geared more towards older or retired people with skills.  They pay all transportation and in country costs (but no wage of course). The big problem, as I see it, is that they are only sending people with skills in response to requests, but there is no program cost except what the requesting organization has, which I think is pretty marginal.
I am sure you can find out much more about CESO by googling CESO-SACO (saco is the french).

There is a similar organization in the US, but I can`t recall their name at the moment.
I remember last year Bill Lord asking the list some information regarding volunteering he was doing in Africa, I believe.

Stan