From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:16:08 -0600
>Is there anyone in the area that could show me some African Bees, either in
>hives or not?

I would contact jerry Hayes.

The future of AHB in Florida?:

I did get an email from Florida from an African bee guide. He said his fees
were $150 a day and he will guide you to areas AHB is known to be in.
( half day tours $75)

(why not turn AHB into a tourist money maker?)

The commercial point of view.

Everything researchers predicated about AHB has been proven to be a big
waste of research dollars. Fabis system is not very accurate.

I do not know of a single commercial beekeeper in areas of AHB which refer
to bees with AHB genetics as anything other than aggressive bees. If you can
stand those bees they are your best producers.
If too aggressive you depopulate.

Australia refuses to accept queens from the U.S. regardless of our
guarantees our bees are free of African genetics!

bob