From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2012 11:54:46 -0400
> Unfortunately, it is listed on Amazon for $182.26

Yeah, sorry, I didn't realize that at first. I got the pdf from my library web site. Anyway, I'll try to summarize a little of what he says if I can, and if he makes references to other cheaper books, I'll pass the info on. Two I bought on the topic were:

Rambunctious Garden: Saving Nature in a Post-Wild World [Hardcover]
Emma Marris (Author)
$16.66

"Covering the world of ecology and conservation from the ancient forests of Poland to the urban waterways of Seattle, Washington, Marris calls for a new kind of conservation that eschews the defensive stance of the past and embraces the challenges of acknowledging, understanding, protecting, and restoring the nature of the present and the future.  This is a thought-provoking book that should be widely read and more widely discussed." –Kent H. Redford, director, Wildlife Conservation Society

Metaphors for Environmental Sustainability: Redefining Our Relationship with Nature
Brendon Larson (Jun 7, 2011)
Kindle Edition $19.00

"This is interdisciplinarity at its best: Larson's project is to explore the assumptions and biases that undergird our thinking about the environment. By exploring metaphorical constructs we routinely employ and by offering new ones, Larson offers the reader both a bold methodology and a renewed hope for environmental reform." -Vassiliki Betty Smocovitis, University of Florida at Gainesville