From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:54:35 -0700
At 04:21 PM 7/18/98 +0000, you wrote:

Der Mr. Garth,

It is with great regrets that we are not able to publish the information
provided on "Moving Afrikaner Bee's in Africa". Our editorial policy is one
in which we expand the negative and leave out the positive and as your
story has little negative it has bee rejected for publication in our
prestigious journal and the AP,WP and CNN... MSNBC may be interested if you
would change your paper to say yor bees are spreading AID's and "killing"
ten of thousands in the East Sudan and you are the source for "killer" bees
for the American CIA and don't forget the Yellow Rain attacks in Nam.

Furthermore I must inform you that if you desire a grant to continue your
higher education you must deliver your grant requests with ideas on how you
and everyone in your neighbor hood are just about stung to death each time
your bees take off for the days work. Please refer to the American Plan
(check the bee journals) to develop a "killer" grant request you will note
that each and every request must start with a description of the "bees
crawling out of the hive and dyeing", this is to avoid the concerns of the
public with bees dyeing in the hive and causing the honey to go off.

You will also note that today the AFRO-Beetles are attacking America and
are predicted to kill off the 10% of the bee's left in the woods and do ten
billion pounds damage to the rest of the crippled bee industry. It would be
good to HYPE this in any request for grants or press releases from your
branch as we could use some of Unckle Sam's money to study these problems
at their roots here in Africa.

Thank you for your consideration,

O.FF DaWall, editor en chief
"Killer Bee & Worm Journal"

>As regards how to move a hive, on this continent we have nasty bees,
>so bees outside the hive are not welcome.

>So, I just smoke them, load them on the truck (bakkie as we call
>them) and move them at night. I wear shorts and a tea shirt and for
>twenty hives recently picked up a total of two stings -  and this was
>moving hives without the entrance being plugged. The two stings were
>when I stuck my fingers into a hive entrance to remove propolis so
>that the bees, on better forage would not lose too much time.

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!