From:
Kathy Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:52:06 -0700
>I think new laws and regulations designed to place severe limits on
>the sizes of new homes and cars would be much less costly

Huge gap between what one thinks and what one can accomplish in our U.S.policy making
structure...where competing economically driven special interests trump conservation
efforts at the end of every day.

Please let me know Paul when you are successful in finding someone in U.S. legislature to sponsor such a bill mandating the limits as you describe, I would pleased to leverage all the support I can.

In meantime, if there are some short term costs implementing the Highways BEE Act, reduction in extended long term costs to maintain pollinator friendly strips will most likely offset them.

Kathy Kellison