From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 08:20:28 -0500
Inger Lamb wrote:

>from the Environment News Service:
>
>http://ens-news.com/
>
>Industrial Farming Causes Trouble for Bees
>
>PRINCETON, New Jersey, December 20, 2002 (ENS) - Intensive, industrial
>scale farming may be damaging one of the very natural resources that
>successful crops require: pollinating bees.

This has been studied before with the same conclusions. I wonder if they
ever did a search of the literature.

The older findings included suggestions to leave weeds and other
"islands" of native vegetation to support local pollinators.

Science, unfortunately, continually reinvents the wheel. Publish or Perish.

But this could also be more for propaganda purposes than new Science.
Nothing new there either.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine