From:
Bob & Pat Fanning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob & Pat Fanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 00:26:31 -0500
>I realize that bees dont hear ......

I was under the impression that bees do detect sounds with an organ in each
of their antenna called the Johnston's organ.   I understood that this is
how they detect the wag-tail dance information (distance and direction) in
the near pitch darkness of a beehive.   Is this different from a bee
actually hearing or am I all wet and off base with my understanding of how
they actually perceive sound?

I post this response seeking enlightenment, not to offer any statement of
fact.

Bob Fanning
Huntsville,  Alabama USA