From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:53:01 -0500
Hello Peter B. & All,
You see Peter you can not believe everything you read on the internet.

> All uses of DDT were banned by EPA in 1972, except in cases of public
> health emergencies. DDT was banned because the chemical was building up in
> the environment and possibly hurting wildlife. Also, some cancer tests in
> laboratory animals showed positive results.

"cancer in lab tests yet still allowed in Parts Per whatever in drinking
water & FOOD. Why would not there be a zero tolerance if a product is
banned?

>Although DDT is no longer used in the United States, federal regulations
>still control the amounts of DDT allowed in food and water.

"no longer used"

"Still control the amounts of DDT allowed in food & water"

The above is an out and out LIE (except for the part about amounts in water
 because so much is being used we need to monitor water. How about zero
tolerance in water & food I say!)

The section 18 is the "loophole".

 DDT is routinely being
added to sprays applied by MFA in Missouri under section 18's.

Unless the public starts applying pressure the practice will continue.
Farmers loved DDT and the environmentalists didn't so a law was passed to
appease the tree huggers with a loophole in it to appease the farmer.

notice:
Whenever a law or rule is enacted by congress (in my opinion and from
personal experience) special interests always get included a loophole. Only
the special interests know about the loophole usually.
I was told I could call and get DDT applied to my fields next week if I
wanted . My contact said DDT is commonly added to field mixtures in
Missouri. I was told by the local MFA office to move my bees as DDT was
being sprayed on the field.

bob