Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2013 23:53:40 -0400
Hi all.  I'm working on my macro/micro still photo setup...hoping to work on some more serious projects.  (For the nerds....Sony NEX C3 body and a large collection of old Canon FD prime lenses....including the gizmo to mount the lenses backwards).

These two are way over-cropped from  the same photo.  Vivitar Series 1 105mm macro with a few extension rings in place. I shot these yesterday on the kitchen table after grafting from the frame (it was balanced between the fruit bowl and a sweet potato that Ramona found lying in the road in Boston near one of our markets)...just a quick test of the extension rings and focusing rails that had just arrived.

I love it when I see things in a still photo that I didn't notice at the time...it makes me realize how much we all miss most of the time, and the real value of still photography.

1.  This appears to me to be an egg in the process of "dissolving" its shell...I don't think it's a weird lighting artifact, what do you think?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yJV6XLEsvbdHRVxqyMA8qu6xD5OmOG6k39oRepGPVxI?feat=directlink

2.  This larva is in the cell right next to the previous photo, not much older.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7Drh6qgL1JfuShoOIlwUqcr9n9zJkeyjjc4mQavTjso?feat=directlink

This photo I've been thinking of since looking at the recently posted article with the photo of the "round cell" before heating.  I shot this over the winter as an artsy thing (not to illustrate anything in particular)...I cropped it a bit to illustrate the clearly round cell rim, and clearly hexagonal cell structure...in the same cell.  I've had a work print of this pinned up in the bathroom for a while, and what I've been liking about it (from an artsy perspective) is the parallel round and angular states.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vDPyc1Gpu0VUNnRbLtqmSu6xD5OmOG6k39oRepGPVxI?feat=directlink

deknow