From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:26:21 -0500
Dick waxes nihilistically:  “With the outer reaches of what we can sense
moving away from us at half the speed of light; with 100 billion galaxies
in our view, each with the likelihood of life; with the sun cooling; with
the earth fomenting an earthquake, on occasion to remind us that it's
shrinking; with matter marching toward entropy...just what do you think is
likely to be sustainable? … It is only a question of time until some fellow
human explodes an atomic bomb.”

Hmm. You have a point.  How much time do you think we have, Dick?  I mean
should I order packages for next season or not?  I was thinking I could
sustain myself for that much longer anyway.  In a manner of speaking that
is.

Steve Noble