From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2018 20:40:44 -0500
"Pesticides are not the problem. Population is the problem." Richard Cryberg, 2018 (world population 7.6 billion)

"The battle to feed all of humanity is over. In the 1970's the world will undergo famines--hundreds of millions of people are going to starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now." - Paul  and Anne Ehrlich, 'The Population Bomb', 1968 (world population 3.5 billion)

"What most frequently meets our view (and occasions complaint) is our teeming population. Our numbers are burdensome to the world, which can hardly support us . . . . In very deed, pestilence, and famine, and wars, and earthquakes have to be regarded as a remedy for nations, as the means of pruning the luxuriance of the human race." - Tertullian, 2nd Century Carthage (world population 190 million)

It seems that at every point in history there have been people who've looked around and thought: Now that I'm on the planet, everyone else new needs to be kept off.

Do you think we should try a little harder at "pestilence, and famine, and wars"? Other than possibly provoking small temblors via fracking, I don't think we can control the earthquakes.

Eugene Makovec