From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 17:49:05 +1000
> Does it mean it is safe?

At this stage there is no reason to believe it is not safe.  Phostoxin
breaks down to an aluminium powder so you have to make sure that the
phostoxin is applied as per instructions.  If you get the aluminium powder
into the combs, you will end up with aluminium residue in your honey.
Otherwise there are no residues.  You have to make sure you air the supers
before using them.

Phostoxin is not something to use in a home situation.  Here we when you
purchase it, you have to take it home in the back of a ute (pickup for those
in the USA) as you are not allow to take in home in a sedan vehicle.

Follow the instructions and it works well.  However I prefer to use a
refrigerated container to keep wax moth and small hive beetle at bay.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA