Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2017 13:18:47 +0000

    On Saturday, September 30, 2017 8:07 AM, Bill Greenrose <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Distilling all of that down to a simple question: How do you store empty supers to minimize damage from SHB?  So far, I haven't had to deal with wax moths, but that's probably gonna change, too.

Actually Bill  I would say thats not a problem!  in fact they can work like carrion beetles and do a fair job of cleaning up old pollen and brood from emptys!  until it gets cold.  These beetles are tropical,  they dont handle cold well,  which is why they like bees  a nice warm climate.
Turned cold here this weekend  (nights int he 50)  beetles move off the bottoms and inner covers and into the edge of the live cluster to stay warm.
In stored equipment I have yet to see any damage at all,  but  during warm weather they will dig and lay eggs in pollen cells left in comb.  it needs to be in the 80's and high humidity for that to happen though,  and dark.
Charles