From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:28:23 -0400
Based on input, conversations, sampling we've done, overall CCD hit about the same percentage of the nation's beekeepers as last year - Pettis and Van Engelsdorp numbers bracket this- one higher, one lower.? Our impression - not based on any rigorous data is that some of the folks who had problems last year are doing well this year, many have most of their operations doing very well, but still have 20-30% of their colonies slow to grow.? As a guess, I'd say about 1/3 (based on phone calls, requests to sample) are new this year.

Included in the new cases are states that did not report last year and more of the organic beekeeping outfits.

Jerry