From:
John E III Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 11:06:11 GMT
Kerry Clark wrote, in part:

> The name given was NOSEMACK. It is apparently applied in tablet form
> into syrup.
>
> The active ingredient was read to me, as not Fumagillin, but (this is no
> joke) aestylmescurithiosalcylsaure-nairlorasaka, or thicanersal.

    I'd guess the English version of the product Kerry mentions would be
"acetylmercurithiosalicylic acid".  Because it has mercury in it, the US FDA
would probably be reluctant to approve it.

John E. Taylor III     W3ZID     | "The opinions expressed are those of the
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      | writer and not of Rohm and Haas Company."