From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:43:58 -0800
On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, Dr. Pedro Rodriguez wrote:

> [log in to unmask] wrote:

 THE ONLY WAY they can: making
> ridicule of things that they have not done! Right Mr. Bromenshek? You
> know what I am talking about, don't you? I wonder what your words will
> be when beekeepers find that my findings are useful? You'll find
> something, wont you? Your kind always does. I would like to have your
> postal address so that I may send you a nice Crow and a box of tissues
> to wipe the egg off your face.

 Dear Pedro , I feel sorry for you.Before you go out attacking Jerry or
anyone else , read what they are saying.You want this to be a war. We need
real fixs and people working together.We are not calling your work a hoax.
I will say that you are wrong about others not using mineral oil. I
have!You are writting to thousands of years of beekeeping expierence. We
are reading your posting.I would suggest that you keep them professional
so people don't get into a habit of pushing the D button when they see
your name.By the way , Jerry is a very highly regarded researcher and has
done much for beekeeping.He works (with ) everyone and has respect from
the beekeeping community , plus other researchers.
 Just to let you know my background, I was a resource manager over 3,000
people up to the time I retired 3 + years ago.I had to put the right
people in the right place , so we could get our jobs done. Some were
nuclear , some were dealing with Haz-material.Many rules to follow and you
never jumped in with your eyes closed.I was responsible to up hold all the
rules of the EPA. ( 5000 pages on PC'Bs alone) I had to understand people
and could see someone blowing smoke a mile off. I did not attack
you.Science is science and it takes had data and then many more tests by
others to get the whole group to belive it.Albert Einstein did not publish
or let his work out for 2 years because he had such a high regard for
Rutherfurd. He was going to change all of science. Plus he had no
proofs.We are just now being able to prove out some of his ideas.It is
better to lay out the facts on the table and let them speak for
themselves.Its like raising children, it is not what you say, but it is
what you do that the children follow.On that count , I have 2 at the U of
Wash and the other one in a private school.I belive in education and
continue to go to school at 55.Now I'm trying to lean these machines.We
have many varried skills on this list and need all of them for it to work
well.The only war we need is against Varroa and Viruses.
 Best Regards
 Roy