From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:39:23 -0400
Tim has a great idea and I'd like to be among those contributing.  That
said, before contributing I'd like to know some more about Mr. Tucker in
terms of his background, what he does for a living, etc.

I'd also like to make two suggestions:
1.  Include speciality products such as cut comb, Ross Rounds, creamed/spun
honey, etc.
2.  Reports on prices should include some notation about how many reporters
are contributing to the data (by category reported).  I am reasonably
certain that in some cases the data reported by ABJ and Bee Culture is
'gamed', meaning that there are very few reporters (for a section of the
country) and those reporting are deliberatly misstating prices because it
best fits their objectives relative to buying or selling.  There should be
no reporting unless there are some minimum number of reporters for a section
of the country, by variety, and very high or very low prices should be
thrown out of the averages.

Lloyd

--
Lloyd Spear